A new Tavern Brawl is available for this week! Spellbook Duel gives you an increased chance of drawing exactly what you want.
You will create a deck of 10 cards with no duplicates allowed. Instead of drawing a card from your deck at the beginning of every turn, you will instead Discover a copy from your deck. This means you can an increased chance of getting the card you want!
- You will always remain at 10 cards in your deck, except for cards such as Patches the Pirate which permanently remove the card from your deck.
- Because you're discovering cards each turn and not actually drawing from your deck, cards like Renounce Darkness only successfully complete half of their effect. You get random cards, a random class, but no discount on anything that wasn't in your hand when casting the spell.
- Milling does not work since the deck always remains at ten cards.
- However, this means that Reno Jackson and Kazakus are always active.
Pirate Warrior can use the Discover mechanic to create a nice early curve, and decide if you would like to draw a Weapon or Minion at the time. In addition, Patches the Pirate thins your deck from 10 to 9 cards giving you an even greater chance of drawing exactly what you want.
We've been trying a kind of OTK Priest which consists of:
- Circle of Healing
- Mistress of Mixtures
- Zombie Chow
- Shadow Word: Pain
- Shadow Word: Death
- Auchenai Soulpriest
- Baron Rivendare
- Emperor Thaurissan
- Reno Jackson
For a look at previous Tavern Brawls, check out our guide!
Back to TopFrequently Asked Questions
What's the next Tavern Brawl?
Only Blizzard knows, but we found updates to Tavern Brawl cards and new chalkboards in the Gadgetzan patch that may hint at future releases.
Why isn't the Brawl live in Europe?
The Tavern Brawl release schedule has changed! Check the list below to find the release time for your region.
- Americas: Wed 9:00 AM PST
- China: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Thu 5:00 AM CST)
- Korea/Taiwan: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Thu 6:00 AM KST)
- Europe: Wed 1:00 PM PST (Wed 10:00 PM CET)