The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan patch has arrived! With it, all of the new cards are in the client. Patch notes have been released and we've already found a few things worth noting.
The Tavern‘s never been more rough and tumble! This Hearthstone update paves the way for the arrival of The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, Hearthstone's latest expansion. Join three crime families as they vie for power in the oack alleys of Gadgetzan with all new Tri-Class cards, and a gritty game board featuring each of the city's districts. This update also adds several swanky new card backs and ﬁxes some pugs.
Read on for details The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- Grab your shiniest brass knuckles and get ready to rumble on The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Hearthstone’s latest expansion will be available beginning December 1st and includes:
- 132 all new cards.
- Tri-Class cards - special neutral minions that break the rules to toe included in the decks of all three classes associated with each family:
- The Grimy Goons: Warrior, Paladin, and Hunter
- The Kabal: Mage, Priest. and Warlock
- The Jade Lotus: Rogue, Druid, and Shaman
- A new game board featuring each district of Gadgetzan will have you calling your friends to come out to play.
- The following card backs have been added.
- Jade Lotus - Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2016.
- Grimy Goons - Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2017.
- Kabal - Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2017.
- And perhaps one more card pack to come, should the stars align...
- A search for missing in the Collection Manager will now automatically switch you to Crafting Mode and ﬁnd any cards that you are missing or don't already own two or more copies of.
- Several cards now properly generate a history tile when played.
- We've implemented numerous Al improvements and bug ﬁxes.
- We ﬁxed a client issue that could occur when playing multiple spells while Archmage Antonidas is in play.
- We ﬁxed a Spectator Mode issue that could occur when Raven Idol is played.
- Various Ul at text issues have been resolved.
Golden cards are here! You can now head on over to our card database to find all the cards you're looking for!
The database is slowly populating with them, so if you don't see one you're looking for check back in a bit! Apologies if there are bugs, we still need to optimize the images! Please note, the tooltips on this page may not direct to the proper link, click on cards in our navigation bar to find the correct page.
We hand picked a few flavor text samples that we found funny while we wait for all of them to be live on the site.
- Wrathion - Wrathion, son of Deathwing, is a dragon. Why isn't he tagged as a dragon, you ask? WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO BLOW HIS COVER??
- Mayor Noggenfogger - This flavor text was randomly generated. If it happens to form words and make sense, that is purely by chance.
- Madam Goya - She has set up her Black Market here in Gadgetzan to make a KILLING when Beanie Babies make their inevitable comeback.
- Dopplegangster - "Every me, get in here!"
- Kooky Chemist - #abs
- Red Mana Wyrm - It has double the Attack. "Go on." And double the Health. "Yes??" And its trigger has twice the effect. "WHAT???" And it costs... Five times more.
- Shadow Rager - WE WENT THERE!
- Getaway Kodo - Get to the Kodo! Now!
- Pint-Size Potion - I hope you didn't disenchant your Shadow Word: Horror!
- Devolve - Ragnaros looked down. He looked like some kind of War Golem. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME." he yelled. But all that came out was a deep grinding sound. He began to cry.
- Kabal Trafficker - She ships illicit mana crystals around the world in packages marked: FUNNEL CAKE.
- Join the Goons - Win 3 games as a Hunter, Paladin, or Warrior.
- 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Join the Jade Lotus - Win 3 games as a Druid, Rogue, or Shaman.
- 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Join the Kabal - Win 3 games as a Mage, Priest, or Warlock.
- 2 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Packs
- Wise Beyond Your Years - Reach Legend 1,000,000 times.
- 1 Gold
- A Job for Ya' - Destroy 100,000 minions.
- 1 Gold
Cards In Client
New Card Backs
Here's a video preview of the new board!
Here's the store music for the expansion!
Gadgetzan Boss Audio
We're entirely unsure why these audio files exist, but each of the Gadgetzan family bosses has a plethora of audio labeled as VO_BOSS. Maybe for tomorrow's brawl? All we know is the name Aya Blackpaw has for Kazakus is tremendous.
The patch also contained some new sounds including lines for the Innkeeper and minion sounds for the Diablo Secret Cow Tavern Brawl!
Patch Preview - Jaraxxus Update
Lord Jaraxxus has an all new coat of paint with new effects when he uses his hero power! Plus we check out some of the other changes in the client.
Tavern Brawl Cards
While they're not yet in our database, we've scrounged up all the info we could on the new Tavern Brawl cards.
Changes were made to the following Tavern Brawls: BlizzCon2016 (the Gadgetzan preview brawl), Boombot vs Annoy-o-Tron, Coop Mechazod, Coop Nefarian, and more
Annoy-o-Tron vs Boombot
- Shredder Blade - Deathrattle: Place a Shredder Blade in your hand.
- Dr. Boom Boom Boom Boom - Battlecry: Summon six 1/1 Boom Bots.WARNING: Bots may explode.
- Boom Bot Brood - Hero Power - Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies.
- Boom Bot Brood - Hero Power - Deal 1-4 damage to 4 random enemies.
- Annoy-o-p-Tron - Battlecry: Summon Annoy-o-Tron and Psych-o-Tron.
- Weapon Rack - Deathrattle: Current turn player gains a random weapon. (Weapon)
- Discarded Armor - Deathrattle: Current turn player gains 5 armor.
- Chest of Gold! - Deathrattle: Current turn player gains gold!
- Diabolical Powers - Summon a random Imp. (Hero Power)
- So Many... - Whenever a Hell Bovine Dies, draw a card. (Hero Power)
- Hell Bovine - Deathrattle: Place a copy of this card in your deck.
- Guardian - At end of your turn, deal 2 damage to the enemies opposite this minion.
- Hell Bovine Champion - Deathrattle: Current turn player gains a random weapon.
- Visions of the Assassin - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Stealth, All minions equip a dagger.
- Visions of the Barbarian - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Charge, THUNDER FURY!
- Visions of Hate - Secret: When both heroes have 15 or less Health, BRAWL!
- Visions of the Crusader - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Taunt, change all minions' attacks to 1.
- Visions of Valor - Secret: When your opponent summons a Legendary minion, give all minions Windfury.
- Visions of Fate - Secret: When your opponent takes lethal damage... save him.
- Visions of the Amazon - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Battlecry, Summon a Mirror Image for both players.
- Visions of the Sorcerer - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Spell Damage, Summon 2 Guardians.
- Visions of the Necromancer - Secret: When your opponent summons a minion with Deathrattle, destroy it.
- Visions of Knowledge - Secret: When your opponent's hand has 9 or more cards, reduce the cost of all cards in both hands to (1).
- Lightning - Deal 3 damage. (Spell)
- Summon Guardians - Summon two 2/4 Guardians. (Spell)
- Moo.. - Summon 3 Hell Bovines. Give all Hell Bovines Taunt. (Spell)
- The Portal Opens - Through the Nether and into... (Spell)
- Stampede - Summon 2 Hell Bovines. Give all Hell Bovines Charge. (Spell)
- The Cow King (Hero)
- Twisting Nether? - "This doesn't look like Twisting Nether..." (Spell)
- Enigmatic Portal - At the start of next turn, your hero is transformed and sucked through the Twisting Nether. (Minion)
Tavern Brawl Chalkboards
Looks like the Chess Tavern Brawl is returning and we may be creating our own card a la Kazakus.
New Deck Recipes
- Druid - The Lotus' Golems
- Channel the power of the Jade Golems. These minions get stronger for each one you can play, so play as many as you can!
- Hunter - Band of Beasts
- Those of you not scared of beasts have clearly never seen one with tons of weapons attached. Suit up your beasts and get 'em out there!
- Mage - Kabalist Mixology
- The greatest leaders in the Kabal combine their powers into a mixture of fury! Your deck has only one of each card so your leaders can unleash their full power!
- Paladin - The Mean Market
- The Goods have helped you procure a few...implements. Power up the minions in your hand before sending them out on a job.
- Priest - Hidden Dragon
- Kazakus has always had a soft spot for Dragons. Combine his potions and their fiery might to overwhelm your opponents!
- Rogue - Gadgetzan Dockside
- The pirates are the closest thing to legitimate trade you'll get in Gadgetzan. Dock your ship and let loose a tide of piracy to rush down your opponent.
- Shaman - Murloc Association
- One of Gadgetzan's fishier districts plays home to roving groups of Murlocs. Once you get enough of them together, they can overrun the enemy with a well-timed spell.
- Warlock - Demons of the Kabal
- The Kabal traffic in some dark magics...Unleash your darker side and summon some of the most evil demons this side of Azeroth.
- Warrior - The Goons Empire'
- Use every trick in the Grimy Goons' playbook to get one up on your opponent. Finish them off with a huge minion you've empowered in your hand.