The latest Hearthstone patch brings bug fixes, Murloc changes, and more daily quests with it! A big undocumented change, however, is that Blizzard has switched win streaks from three to two which should help both casual players feel more rewarded and competitive players climb to Rank 5 more quickly each month!
Brode continues, "We have been having a lot of discussions about the ladder and what we think could be better, but this was an accident. This is currently an area of focus for us. Early talks still, but we aren't 100% happy with the ladder experience."
Back to TopNew Quests
There are a total of 35 new quests. We encountered a new 60 gold quest that rewards players for playing class cards! Reddit users are also reporting a 40 gold version that only requires 30 class cards be played.
|Overpowered||50||Play 10 cards that cost 8 or more.|
|Emerald Dream||40||Play 30 Druid class cards.|
|Welcome to the Jungle||40||Play 30 Hunter class cards.|
|Arcane Brilliance||40||Play 30 Mage class cards.|
|Righteousness||40||Play 30 Paladin class cards.|
|Shadow and Light||40||Play 30 Priest class cards.|
|They Came From Behind||40||Play 30 Rogue class cards.|
|The Maelstrom||40||Play 30 Shaman class cards.|
|Dark Soul||40||Play 30 Warlock class cards.|
|Tactician||40||Play 30 Warrior class cards.|
|(Class) Mastery||60||Play 50 (class) class cards.|
|Stable Master||50||Play 20 Beasts.|
|Beyond the Dark Portal||50||Play 15 Demons|
|Mrgrgrglrr||50||Play 30 Murlocs.|
|Murlocalypse||100||Play 75 Murlocs.|
|Swashbuckler||50||Play 10 Pirates.|
|For Azeroth!||50||Play 30 Battlecry minions.|
|Cry Havoc||100||Play 75 Battlecry minions.|
|Death to the Living!||50||Play 20 Deathrattle minions.|
|Tiny Bubbles Make Me Happy||50||Play 10 Divine Shield minions.|
|Rampage||50||Play 10 Enrage minions.|
|You Shall Not Pass!||50||Play 20 Taunt minions.|
|Elemental Overload||50||Play 15 Overload cards.|
|Combo Meal||50||Play 10 Combo cards.|
|It's a Secret to Everyone||50||Play 10 Secrets.|
|Weaponmaster||50||Play 10 Weapons.|
|Inspiring||50||Use your Hero Power 30 times.|
Back to TopNew Achievements
There are a total of nine new achievements.
|Return of the Hero||3 Packs||Defeat the 3 challengers!|
|Ready for Action||3 Packs||Play 30 cards in Play mode|
|Back in the Game!||3 Packs||Deal 100 damage to enemy heroes|
|Hail, Champion!||1 Pack||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you a pack!|
|Hail, Champion!||2 Packs||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you 2 packs!|
|Hail, Champion!||3 Packs||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you 3 packs!|
|Hail, Champion!||4 Packs||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you 4 packs!|
|Hail, Champion!||5 Packs||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you 5 packs!|
|Hail, Champion!||6 Packs||Your chosen champion at BlizzCon 2016 has earned you 6 packs!|
It seems as if users need to not have played Hearthstone for many months to activate the three new achievements. Hearthstone will then reward the user for playing three bot matches before moving onto the other two achievements, helping them reacclimate to play.
Back to TopOther Changes
Back to TopHearthstone Update 6.2
- Ethereal Peddler now reads "Battlecry: If you're holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2)." This was done to make it more clear, especially with upcoming releases.
- The following Murlocs that affected ALL Murlocs now only affect friendly ones, to improve the Murloc mirror-match. These cards are not eligible for a full dust refund.
- The following bugs have been squashed:
- Yogg-Saron, Hope's End now properly applies the Overload effect when it casts a spell with Overload.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton no longer offers Lesser Heal as an option of Hero Powers to Discover when played by Tyrande.
- Casting Entomb on a transformed minion will no longer reveal the minion's identity if it gets drawn again.
- Gladiator's Longbow now properly prevents damage caused by Explosive Trap .
- The following card back has been added:
- Welcome Inn - Acquired by attending BlizzCon 2016 or purchasing a Virtual Ticket for BlizzCon 2016.
- Many new daily quests have been added.
Blizzard posted more detailed patch notes on the forums including returning Karazhan percentages in the Arena to normal, a fix for cards moving in your hand while you're trying to play them, and a fix for the Quest bug that many have come to understand as a feature. We've emboldened some of the most important changes.
- One Night in Karazhan cards will now show up with the same frequency as other card sets in the Arena
- Terestian Illhoof will no longer use Icky Imps to attack certain minions if it will cause Terestian Illhoof to take fatal damage.
- The curtains on the Karazhan board are now affected by the Nozdormu sandstorm.
- Hitting the Escape key while on the Main Hub once again opens the game menu.
- Illidan will once again play Darkscale Healer during the Tutorial.
- Spending and gaining Mana Crystals in rapid succession should no longer cause display issues.
- Cards should no longer rearrange themselves at random after playing several cards quickly.
- Casting Silvermoon Portal or Moonglade Portal with certain other cards will no longer cause summoned minions to float.
- Golden Heroes are now animated during Arena matches.
- Spectators should no longer experience graphical glitches when cards are returned to the hand.
- Golden Heroes will now appear golden in game again for all players.
- Malchezaar’s Imp will no longer be triggered by cards that do not get discarded.
- Non-targeted Hero powers will no longer remain flipped if used just before the rope timer forces the end of turn.
- Resolved an issue where an intended card played from the hand would occasionally be swapped with an adjacent card.
- Increased Spell Damage animations should no longer persist after minions with Spell Damage are removed from the battlefield.
- Quickly targeting a minion with Divine Shield with a second attack that would kill it now correctly displays the skull icon.
- Addressed a text inconsistency with “Choose One” cards.
- Heroes should no longer give a second warning that the turn is nearly over.
- Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will no longer cast spells after being Silenced.
- “Win 5 Tavern Brawls” quest will no longer be given during days that Tavern Brawls are not active.
- Resolved an issue where players that didn’t cycle quests after a certain period of time then cleared all quests at once could acquire multiple quests in a single day.