Today marks the beginning of Hearthstone's Journey to Un'Goro card reveal season. Starting today and continuing up to the set's eventual release in "early April," we'll be getting incremental reveals for all 135 cards. Today's live stream will be hosted by Senior Designer Peter Whalen and Twitch streamer Sean "Day9" Plott. It begins at 11:00 AM PDT just over one hour from now.
Need a quick rundown of all the Journey to Un'Goro information including the new Quest and Adapt keywords? Look no further.
Journey to Un'Goro will include 135 new cards.
Will release in early April, but card reveals start on March 17.
Includes two new keywords: Quest and Adapt.
Adds the Elemental minion type which will be added to Elementals currently in the game.
Available to pre-purchase now at $49.99 for 50 packs and a special Un'Goro themed card back.
Blizzard has already revealed Verdant Longneck (Druid), Pyros (Mage), Volcano (Shaman), and Gentle Megasaur (Neutral).
Back to TopQuest
Each class will be receiving one legendary Quest spell that rewards the player when certain criteria are met. Cards with the Quest keyword are always in your opening hand, but you can mulligan them away if you want. For example, Priest's Awaken the Makers gives you an incredibly power legendary minion - Amara, Warden of Hope - once you've summoned seven Deathrattle minions.
Back to TopAdapt
The minions of Un'Goro have learned to quickly Adapt to their surroundings and a new Hearthstone keyword has emerged as a result. When you play a minion with this effect, you'll effectively Discover three of ten possible adaptations. These vary from gaining other keywords like Taunt to straight up buffs.
If anything new emerges from today's live stream you can find it here!
- Explore Un'Goro - Each of the card costs one mana and reads "Discover a card."
- Tortollan Shellraiser - Helps with Priest quest and gives N'Zoth, the Corruptor a Taunt to resurrect.
- The Nether Portal is indeed untargetable and invincible. It can not be destroyed.
- Mages, Priests, and Shamans lean more towards Elementals.
- Rogues dig plants, as evidenced by their class legendary.
- Druid, Hunter, Paladin, Warlock, and Warrior have a higher frequency of dinosaurs.
- In particular, Druid's have Brontosauri and Paladin's have Stegosauri.
New Card Reveals
Eleven new cards will be revealed today, but the section below will be gradually populated with them.