Whereas Tempo Mage relies heavily on spell damage to close out games, Tempo Warrior instead relies on high impact minions. Though it used to take the form of Varian Wrynn or the less common Arch-Thief Rafaam, the archetype switched to a Dragon focus after players found it to be more flexible. For more on that, head on over to our Dragon Warrior guide.
A hybrid between the removal of Control Warrior, the draw of Patron Warrior, and the aggressiveness of Pirate Warrior, Tempo Warrior really shines against aggressive decks.
Back to TopGeneral Strategy
- Plays troublesome early game minions like Frothing Berserker and Bloodhoof Brave.
- Cycles through its deck looking for the most impactful finishers including Grommash Hellscream, Ragnaros the Firelord, and Varian Wrynn.
- Usually overpowers opponent through tempo advantage.
Back to TopCounter Strategies
- As with other tempo archetypes, Tempo Warrior fails when it can’t establish board advantage.
- It has limited resources in dealing with large minions such as C'Thun and can therefore struggle against these.
Back to TopStandard vs. Wild
Back to TopPlaystyle, Tips, and Notes
A little more passive in the early game, you want to really gain momentum around turns three and four. Through a combination of spells and weapons, you can slow deal with your opponent's threats while building your own board and pushing damage.
Card draw is very important here. Unlike the Mage who relies has spells and Bloodmage Thalnos, we don't have the same tools to refill our hand so make sure to take advantage of that.
Back to TopMulligans
Fiery War Axe and most minions that cost between two and four mana. This includes Fierce Monkey, Frothing Berserker, Ravaging Ghoul (especially against classes with 1/1 tokens), Kor'kron Elite, and Bloodhoof Brave
Back to TopTech/Replacement Cards
Back to TopMatchups
|Zoolock||Dragon Warrior||C'Thun Druid|
|Tempo Mage||Token Druid||Aggro Shaman|
|Midrange Shaman||Midrange Hunter||Renolock|
|C'Thun Warrior||Control Warrior|
Back to TopRecommended Deck Guides
Want to learn more? Check out these awesome deck guides from our community which go into more detail on how to pilot their specific decklist.