An evolution of the old Handlock archetype (RIP), Renolock seeks to maximize gain from Reno Jackson’s effect. Life Tap is invaluable in gaining as many answers as possible with the deck filled with situational cards. There’s lots of hard removals, board clears, healing, and a big finisher.
Some variations instead run C'Thun and its cultists or N'Zoth, the Corruptor and powerful Deathrattles instead of the combo. These obviously contain many more cards from Whispers of the Old Gods than the older versions of the archetype do.
Back to TopGeneral Strategy
- Use Life Tap to gain a card advantage.
- Use those cards to out-sustain your opponent.
- Finish them off with a Leeroy Jenkins, Power Overwhelming, and Faceless Manipulator combo.
Back to TopCounter Strategies
- Despite the amount of hard removal and board clears in this deck, they’re expensive, and as a result, Renolock generally struggles against hard aggro.
- As a whole, the deck generally struggles against large amounts of burst damage. Recovering from incremental damage is easy with all of its tools.
Back to TopWild vs. Standard
Back to TopPlaystyle, Tips, and Notes
There are a lot of different ways to build this deck. Make sure to try each of them out and find out which one is best fit for your playstyle!
Combo, C’Thun, N’Zoth, Jaraxxus (Control)
Back to TopMulligans
Generally, we’re looking for Warlock’s usual cheap Zoo minions: Imp Gang Boss, Possessed Villager, and Dark Peddler. Depending on the matchup we may also look for Doomsayer and Hellfire to slow down aggro or Mountain Giant to put pressure on slower decks.
Back to TopTech/Replacement Cards
There’s obviously a TON of room for tech options here as we’re only running one of each card.
Back to TopMatchups
|Control Warrior||Midrange Shaman||Zoolock|
|Tempo Warrior||Dragon Warrior||Aggro Shaman|
|C'Thun Warrior||Midrange Hunter|
|C'Thun Druid||Beast Druid|
|Control Paladin||Token Druid|
|Control Priest||Tempo Mage|
Back to TopFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Back to TopRecommended Deck Guides
Want to learn more? Check out these awesome deck guides from our community which go into more detail on how to pilot their specific decklist.
- Coming with the launch of Hearthhead.