Midrange Shaman is back! There used to be a day when it was the only archetype in the entire class, but it soon became overshadowed by its more aggressive sister. Fortunately, a lot of the other deck types that were a huge issue have somewhat faded in the current meta. Only Zoolock and Freeze Mage are the really unfavored matchups with just about everything aside from Warrior a good 50/50 split.
- Similarly, to Zoolock, this deck really likes to control board presence and the tempo of the game.
- Around Turns 6-8 it really ramps up into its midgame threats like Thunder Bluff Valiant, Bloodlust, and Doomhammer to finish your opponent off.
- More controlling spells like Hex and Lightning Storm help you catch up against more aggressive decks.
- Decks that can match your trades more favorably and keep card advantage like Zoolock are particularly troublesome.
- Others that can simply remove all of your midgame threats also tend to pose a problem.
WILD DECK STANDARD DECK
Wild vs. Standard
Playstyle, Tips, and Notes
Healing totems can really help you in your battle for board control, particularly against classes that have pings. There’s absolutely nothing more frustrating for them than dedicating future mana to removal only to have it not pay off.
Getting value out of your minions is really important. This deck has no card draw outside of a single Mana Tide Totem and the off chance that Tuskarr Totemic summons one. So be sure to make favorable trades whenever possible!
The core of this deck’s early game is Tuskarr Totemic, Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, and Argent Squire. You want these cards every single matchup. Against Aggro Warrior and other decklists that run three health threats you may also want to consider keeping Lightning Bolt or Rockbiter Weapon.
- Flame Juggler
|Control Warrior||Aggro Shaman||Zoolock|
|C'Thun Warrior||Token Druid||Freeze Mage|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Recommended Deck Guides
Want to learn more? Check out these awesome deck guides from our community which go into more detail on how to pilot their specific decklist.