Arguably the strongest C'Thun archetype at the moment, C’Thun Warrior is an incredibly defensive decklist that aims to play large and impactful minions in the late game, trusting that you won’t be able to break through its defenses before then.
While traditional Control Warrior struggles with many of the more Midrange decks out there and may lack the tools to respond to greedy control decks, C’Thun Warrior trades some removal for more minions and a whole host of sustain in the form of Ancient Shieldbearers, Twin Emperor Vek'lor, and the eventuality of not one, but TWO, C'Thun plays because of Doomcaller.
Back to TopGeneral Strategy
- Power up your C'Thun using many cheap cultists.
- Utilize hard removal and C'Thun synergistic cards like Twin Emperor Vek'lor and Ancient Shieldbearer to help you remain unkillable.
- Continue pushing damage and use C'Thun as either a board clear or a finisher.
Back to TopCounter Strategies
- As most Control decks do, C’Thun Warrior really struggles against some of the midrange decks. These will seek to play impactful and healthy minions at a pace which will challenge the Warrior.
- Priests can be particularly troublesome since it has lots of hard removal spells and can Entomb your C'Thun, keeping you from adding a second one via Doomcaller.
Back to TopWild vs. Standard
The amount of diversity Control decks have in Wild is fantastic and as a result, you can really craft C'Thun Warrior into a creature that suits your needs and playstyle. You can either stick with something that is close to Standard, but there's a ton of options in Goblins vs. Gnomes and Curse of Naxxramas including Death's Bite, Sludge Belcher, Antique Healbot, Dr. Boom, and Piloted Shredders. Fitting all of these into a C'Thun deck is nearly impossible. We've cut Shredders as C'Thun's Chosen clearly uses up that spot, but there's plenty of room to experiment with different compositions!
Back to TopPlaystyle, Tips, and Notes
Brann Bronzebeard can be incredibly valuable in most matchups. He can function as a four damage removal with Disciple of C'Thun, or gain you 20 armor with a single Ancient Shieldbearer, or even deal 30+ damage with C'Thun itself.
Some players like to run Elise Starseeker to help with Control matchups. The added threats are usually too much for them to deal with.
Back to TopMulligans
Back to TopTech/Replacement Cards
Back to TopMatchups
|Freeze Mage||Token Druid||Midrange Hunter|
|Aggro Shaman||Control Priest||Midrange Shaman|
|Tempo Warrior||Tempo Mage|
|C'Thun Druid||Control Paladin|
|Control Warrior||Miracle Rogue|
Back to TopRecommended Deck Guides
Want to learn more? Check out these awesome deck guides from our community which go into more detail on how to pilot their specific decklist.