|Cost: 800||My Cost: Log In|
REPORTING FER DUTY (master league level deck, commons and soulbounds)
This was the deck I played for all of ranked and got to Masters within 2 weeks of getting access to the game. Along the way I made some tweaks due to getting card packs and dust, but for the most part this is a deck you can play out of the tutorial with minimal dust using soulbound and common cards.
Card Notes (16)
- Acidic Swamp Ooze x2 - Weapons are strong and efficient, so they are popular. Ooze stops that, and 3-2 for a 2 cost ain't bad.
- Argent Protector x2 - Divine shield is great. Helps greatly with keeping the board. If you don't have him, get blessing of protection.
- Big Game Hunter - One of Paladin's biggest weaknesses is big removal. This card changes that completely. I'd go so far to say that unless you're a rush Pally deck, this card is core for the vast majority of Pally decks. Shame it's epic.
- Frostwolf Warlord x2 - Just generally a good card for a Pally deck since you intend on having the board anyway. If you have at least 2 minions on the board, it's worth playing this guy. A 6-6 for 5 is good (by comparison, Boulderfist Ogre, another great card, is 6-7 for 6).
- Goldshire Footman x2 - A turn 1 Goldshire Footman is surprisingly effective. It allows you to start forming a line of 1-1 reinforcements behind him.
- Guardian of Kings - I used to knock on Guardian of Kings but I realized due to how popular/strong Priest and Mage are atm, he works pretty well. He's good shadow word: death bait and a 1-card, 7 cost counter to 2 fireballs (2-card, 8 cost).
- Harvest Golem x2 - Great card to coin on turn 2 or play turn 3. Can trade for 2 cards.
- Silver Hand Knight x2 - My favorite "battlecry: spawn a minion" card. Not uncommon to play Frostwolf the turn after playing this. Since your 2/2 will likely survive the turn.
- Spellbreaker x2 - Pallys lack removal/control, so you need silences. One of the best cards in Arena, and just better over the 2-cost owl (typically don't need a turn 2 silence).
- Stormwind Champion x2 - Core card for Shaman and Pally decks everywhere. Do everything in your power to make sure at least 1 stays on the field.
- Thrallmar Farseer x2 - Can end the game by turn 4. Try to save your buffs for this guy, and hope your opponent doesn't have sw: pain or frostbolt.
- Blessing of Kings x2 - Buff for Farseer or to help make a trade.
- Blessing of Might x2 - Buff for Farseer or just make a trade with a reinforcement. Put it on an enemy minion and snipe with Big Game Hunter
- Consecration x2 - Need some aoe to help get the board against early aggro decks. Typically good idea to play this if your opponent has at least 3 minions on the board.
- Hammer of Wrath x2 - Much needed removal and card draw, in 1 card
- Truesilver Champion x2 - A psuedo-charge, to help you keep minions on the board.
Statistics Click on the charts below to highlight the related cards!
About the Author
Heya, my name's Mario. I stream Hearthstone on occassion and have a Youtube channel where I post a lot of my Hearthstone Arena Runs and some ranked play which can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/Mari0Metr0id/videos
My favorite deck to play as is by far Paladin, with Druid second. I am starting to play Mage since I don't have many cards and it is pretty strong, even with the basic deck. I also prefer Arena over constructed.
The author has created 1 other deck:
- In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Be sure to read the tips & tricks if you haven't before.