|Cost: 1,580||My Cost: Log In|
4.2/5 (21 votes)
Iesdise's Strategy Mage Deck
by Iesdi on 2014/01/26 – last edited on 2014/01/31
In the "Card Notes" I have written the reason I picked a certain card. Please comment on as much cards as you want with your opinion about my choices.
Card Notes (25)
- Crazed Alchemist - Crafted it myself. A very situational card explained in another cards notes.
- Ethereal Arcanist - Since I have 3 trap cards I like this card a lot, no matter that I don't use ice block.
- Faceless Manipulator - One of my favorite minions. You can have it as a taunter if you lack one, as a burst machine if you lack one and as a copy of already powerful minion you summoned. Loving it.
- Frost Elemental - This is my "OhShitINeedDirectDamageCardTheNextTurn" card. I often use it to prevent powerful minions from attacking until I draw a better card.
- Frostwolf Grunt - A simple taunt minion for preventing early rushes.
- Gurubashi Berserker - I keep this one, because I can combine it with Crazed Alchemist or/and Fireblast it myself over and over again.
- Lord of the Arena - A powerful minion with powerful stats and even Taunt on it. I often use it to protect minions like Violet Teacher, Gurubashi Berserker, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ethereal Arcanist.
- Mogu'shan Warden - Taunters are made to survive. I find the 7 health for 4 mana awesome for simple protection and game extending.
- Priestess of Elune - Since I don't have any type of selfheal (Except Ice Barrier?), I find this one of the best high mana/damage/health minions for my deck.
- Sen'jin Shieldmasta - A basic taunter with a decent 3/5 for it's 4 mana.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice - It's low attack and health prevent me from having 2. But I always try to protect this one as much as I can with taunters. Since it has no limit on the spells mana lowering I love it's effect.
- Tauren Warrior - Since mages can Fireblast their own minions I find this minion one of the best taunters in my deck. The enrage keeps the enemy away from destroying it the turn it's played so I can fireblast it myself the next one and attack. If he still lives the 3rd rou
- Twilight Drake - I'm not so sure about keeping this card in my deck. I dont have many "Draw a card" effects in my deck, but sometimes it's useful if combined with Crazed Alchemist.
- Violet Teacher - I crafted this card personally for this deck. My deck is heavy on spells (and most of them cheap) so I can summon a decent army with it for my next turn.
- Wild Pyromancer - Since I don't use Arcane Explosion, I use this minion instead. Also the 3 attack for 2 mana should not be underrated.
- Arcane Intellect - Most mages have two, but 3 mana for 2 cards (1 if you don't count the one you just used) is not so tempting to me. I keep one in my deck for use when I have spare mana some round.
- Arcane Missiles - Even that it might be random, I find this card incredibly useful for early game (or even midgame sometimes). 1 mana for 3 damage (4 if spell damage+) is a fair trade for me.
- Fireball x2 - A great 4 mana execute. That's why I have two.
- Flamestrike x2 - A heavy on mana card, but I don't have arcane explosion or Cone of Cold, so I need two, so I can be sure that when I need it I will have it.
- Frostbolt x2 - Execute a midhealth minion (or at least slow down it's attack for a round) for 2 mana. One of my favorite mage cards so I have 2.
- Ice Barrier - Favorite Secret card. 8 armor for 3 mana is awesome, it also makes your oponent freak out what the hell it is. Mirror Entry or Vaporize?
- Mirror Entity - Works more often as intended as I tought at first. People often think it's Vaporize and start summoning more monsters so they can break it first. Yummy.
- Mirror Image x2 - 2 minions with 4 health combined for 1 mana? Useful as phack. That's why I have 2.
- Polymorph x2 - The "IWin" card for any mage. Two at all costs.
- Pyroblast - Kaboom? I don't really find it that useful two. I'm often forced to use it on a minion that's gonna kill me otherwise instead for direct damage. Not sure about it.
Statistics Click on the charts below to highlight the related cards!
About the Author
The author has created 2 other decks:
Please keep the following in mind when posting a comment:
Simply browse for your screenshot using the form below.
- In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Be sure to read the tips & tricks if you haven't before.
Simply type the URL of the video in the form below.