|Cost: 5,700||My Cost: Log In|
The Draw of Shadows
I love playing a Priest and I experimented with a few decks as I went through the levels.
My first was a priest buff deck that relied on high-hp minions and buffs. While 20/20 Lightspawn sounds pretty impressive, it was too vunerable to silence and took too long to get going.
My second priest deck that brought me to rank 14 was a classic priest draw deck, but then things got a lot tougher and the deck just wasn't competitive anymore.
This brings me to deck number three that you see here, which is a slightly modified draw deck with a few notable differences - Shadowform for mid-late game and Lightwell for general annoyance and awesomeness :) With this deck I got to rank 8 after a few hours of play and it's still very competitive and great fun!
Hope you enjoy it and good luck!
Card Notes (18)
- Argent Commander - Very useful card once you have 6 mana to cast it. I always mulligan this if I get it in my opening hand. I used to play with 2 of them, but I feel the deck is better balanced with just one.
- Azure Drake - Free card draw and +1 spell damage. On top of that 4 attack minions are difficult for other priests to get rid of.
- Big Game Hunter - I prefer to mulligan this and receive it late game, as I see it more of a removal card than a minion, but don't be shy to play it early if you draw it - 4/2 is still very good for 3 mana.
- Defender of Argus - Great battlecry buff, but only once you have board presence. I never play this minion on it's own.
- Injured Blademaster x2 - Must-have for a priest and works well with Lightwell, Cleric and hero ability, Holy Nova etc.
- Lightwell x2 - This is one of the most annoying cards to play against, it's really irritating and most people will ignore it for far too long. The 3 healing is great, especially once you enter shadow form!
- Northshire Cleric x2 - Do not hesitate to drop this on turn 1. It's incredible what some people will do to get rid of this minion. I always use it to lure out early removal.
- Prophet Velen - This is the most recent addition to my deck, amazing card in any spellcaster deck. Before Velen I had a second Azure Drake in the deck.
- Ragnaros the Firelord - This is my replacement for Mind control since the nerf. If you have no Ragnaros you can always slot in a Mind control instead.
- Spellbreaker x2 - The only silencer I have in this deck. Feel free to swap it for mass dispell or 2/1 Owl. I prefer this one since it's a 4 attack minion and other priests have no removal for it.
- Sunfury Protector x2 - Try to wait until you have at least one minion on the field, but even on it's own this is an ok card.
- Loot Hoarder x2 - Replaced Novice Engineer with this after the last patch
- Holy Fire x2 - Very versatile card, great removal and can be used for direct damage. It's also +5hp which is quite important when you're in Shadowform.
- Holy Nova x2 - Timing is everything with Holy Nova. This can be an extremely powerful card but you need to read the situation correctly. And most opponents will expect to see it.
- Power Word: Shield x2 - Don't be shy to drop this early on. Lightwell with 7hp or Cleric with 5hp are quite difficult to get rid of, and you should consider this as a free card and draw engine.
- Shadow Word: Death - I only have one of these since late game is not such a big problem for this deck. If you don't have Big Game Hunter you can consider slotting in a second SW:D here.
- Shadow Word: Pain x2 - Staple card for any priest deck, great early removal and you always find a target for it.
- Shadowform x2 - Mulligan this if you get it in your opening hand, it's no use early game. You will want to heal, and the mana cost is too high at the start - you end up losing a turn. Wait until you have at least 5 mana to use it same turn.
Statistics Click on the charts below to highlight the related cards!
About the Author
The author has created 4 other decks:
- In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Be sure to read the tips & tricks if you haven't before.