in your browser.
Well, that explains Leeroy Jenkins....
I've gotten some decent mileage using this card on
, especially against Shamans and other Paladins
They're tanky, so they won't die in one hit. Similarly, they don't hit hard enough to merit immediate board removal or board focus, so you can get some pretty good work out of the Blessing. They also don't cost very much, so you can pull this early in the game.
I say "especially against a Shaman/Paladin" because you can reserve that Snapjaw specifically to kill their summoned Totems or Defenders, which might just discourage them from using their Hero Powers, or even play that board removal against your weak-ass turtle!
You CAN cast this on an enemy minion. Whenever that minion attacks, you will draw a card, not the owner of the minion. I have done this many times much to my opponent's dismay in generating card draw for me.
"Attack" has a very specific meaning in Hearthstone, indicating taking a Character and physically ramming it into another Character. For example,
that deal damage, and the
triggered effect will not trigger Blessing of Wisdom.
Blessing of Wisdom can be
as it is applied as a buff on the target minion.
If a minion with Blessing of Wisdom is
, attacking with that minion still draws cards for the player that cast the Blessing of Wisdom.
If you cast Blessing of Wisdom on minion that has wind fury, you may draw twice in a turn
I'm not sure whether it is a decent strategy or not, but just to let you know: multiple blessings of wisdom DO STACK. Given no enemy taunts, a WF minion with a double BoW will yield you 4 cards for mere 2 mana.
The dos and don'ts of Blessing of Wisdom:
- Play this on enemy minions, especially those that are going to want to attack a lot, or that your opponent is going out of their way to protect.
- Play this on minions with Divine Shield or other forms of protection against direct hits.
- Play this on minions with Windfury, since each attack will trigger the bonus.
- Play this on minions with Charge or who can already attack, so that it at least replaces itself in your hand if nothing else.
- Play this on weak or midrange units a turn or two before your bigger threats. If you're lucky, you can pull removal with it.
- Play this on the biggest threat on your field. Your opponent is already masterminding its demise, so don't throw more card value into it.
- Play this on low-toughness minions if you don't have a larger threat to draw the enemy's attention. This gets used a lot on unbuffed minions from the Paladin hero power, and that's almost always a mistake.
- Play this on your minions with Taunt. It can be tempting, since they often have high health, but they're not going to be around for long in most games.
- Pile all of your buff cards onto a single minion. This is true of all buffs, not just Blessing of Wisdom. It feels awesome to have a 20/20 taunt that draws you a card every time it attacks, but every enemy worth their salt is saving removal for it. Better to spread the love over 2-3 cards so that one Shadow Word: Death doesn't wipe out all of your value.
Blessing of Wisdom
Choose a minion. Whenever it attacks, draw a card.
Apparently with wisdom comes the knowledge that you should probably be attacking every turn.
This card is used in
17.66% of all Paladin decks
Please keep the following in mind when posting a comment:
Your comment must be in English or it will be removed.
Unsure how to post? Check out our
You might want to proof-read your comments before posting them.
Please post questions on our
for quicker reply.
You are not logged in. Please
register an account
to add your comment.
Simply browse for your screenshot using the form below.
In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
The higher the quality the better!
Be sure to read the
tips & tricks
if you haven't before.
You are not logged in. Please
to submit a screenshot.
Simply type the URL of the video in the form below.
Supported: YouTube only
Optional, up to 200 characters
Note: Your video will need to be approved before appearing on the site.
© 2014 ZAM Network LLC